Space Rental Opportunities
The Center, located in the heart of Union Square/Chelsea, is a unique venue for hosting dinners, conferences, receptions, family, and life-cycle events. Surrounded by exhibition and gallery spaces throughout the venue, our facilities include the Leo and Julia Forchheimer Auditorium, the Paul S. and Sylvia Steinberg Great Hall, the Selma L. Batkin Mezzanine, the Kovno room, and three flexible classroom/conference rooms. The Center, on West 16th Street between 5th and 6th Avenues, is easily accessible by most train lines, many bus lines, and several parking garages.
All catering must be in accordance with kosher dietary restrictions.
Leo And Julia Forchheimer Auditorium - Ground Floor
The Auditorium is an excellent venue for film screenings, theatre productions, concerts, lectures, panel discussions and symposia.
- Accommodates up to 247 guests
- Proscenium stage
- ADA accessible
- Equipped with full range audio-visual capabilities (download a pdf of our equipment list and lighting plot) and sound booth
- Green room access to stage
Paul S. And Sylvia Steinberg Great Hall - Ground Floor
The Great Hall is a spacious and inviting space whose walls and floors are art works in and of themselves.
- Accommodates up to 140 guests for a sit down event
- Accommodates up to 250 for buffet stand up event
- Has full audio-visual capabilities including data, video and slide projection and music sound system
- Accommodates between 30-80 guests
- FLEXIBLE SPACE suitable for meetings, seminars, lectures and informal luncheons, and dinners
- Equipped with a projector screen and AV capabilities
Selma L. Batkin Mezzanine - Second Floor
The Mezzanine overlooks the Great Hall and is surrounded by dynamic exhibitions.
- Accommodates up to 100 guests
- Perfect for receptions or pre-dinner cocktails
Seminar and Conference Rooms
The Center offers three intimate and private conference rooms and classrooms.
- Accommodates between 10-15 guests depending on the room
- Rooms are suitable for meetings, seminars, informal luncheons, dinners, and receptions
- Accommodates 30 to 35 people when set up lecture style with a lectern
- Accommodates about 22 to 30 people when set up in conference/seminar style
- Tables may be set up for catering services